The Nerdy Show recently did a podcast with Grandon and talked about how to save YJ. They said IT IS POSSIBLE. Please read this post and SIGNAL BOOST THE HECK OUT OF IT. If you are NOT a YJ fan, please still signal boost this!!! Our fandom is in dire need of help, and has gone through more crap than any fandom should ever have to go through, in the past year. Now, I know this is a wall of text, but PLEASE take some time to read it.
They talked about how like, no one reads the comics and how a bunch of fans at a con didn’t even know there was a tie-in comic. This is ridiculous.
REASONS TO BUY THE COMIC:
- No matter where you are in the world, YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BUY THESE! Here is a list of American, Canadian, and international comic stores. Don’t live by a comic store? Get the comic instantly & digitally from the DC Digital Comic Hub.
- The artist is an active member of the fandom and tumblr community! Seriously, how many series can you say that about? Head over to Christopher Jones’s tumblr.
- It’s not the show in comic-form. It’s canon events that were not shown in the TV series. New stories, new adventures.
- It’s not dumbed down, either. It’s got the same brilliant writing as the show does.
- You do not need to have watched the show in advance. So if you’re new to the series, the comic is definitely a place you can start.
Next is the most important in the moment, YJ: Legacy. In the podcast they talk about how Little Orbit, the maker of the game, has the license to Young Justice for a long time. If the game sells well, there is a possiblity that they can make a sequel. GAME IS RELEASED THIS TUESDAY IN THE U.S., AND SATURDAY IN EUROPE!!! So yay, European fans get something for once!
REASONS TO BUY THE VIDEO GAME, YJ: LEGACY:
- Like the artist of the tie-in comic, Little Orbit, the creators of the video game, are very closely tied to the actual fandom, and always kept the fans up to date and even gave them the chance to pick what characters they would like for DLC.
- Available for 3DS, Xbox, and PS3. Buy from wherever video games are sold. Here are links for buying YJ: Legacy on Amazon and Gamestop online.
- AVAILABLE ON STEAM!!! PC gamers unite! You are not left out of this one!
- Again, it’s CANONICAL. This is not just a game reinterpreting the series! It takes place during the season 1 to season 2 timeskip, which means many questions will be answered. It also has characters like Garth, Tempest, who aren’t really seen much in the animated series.
- WALLY WEST WILL BE ALIVE IN THE GAME.
- Tons of playable characters from both the s1 and s2 team.
- Online multiplayer play (so get your friends to buy, too!)
- IF SELLS WELL, CAN GET A SEQUEL THAT INCLUDES NEW CANON EVENTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IN A SEASON 3!
- Obviously, DC will get a bunch of $$$. $$$ = season 3.
- Rated “T” for Teen. That gives you some idea that it is will be as deep as the actual series was.
Thirdly, buying the DVDs and Original Soundtrack (OST), as well as purchasing the episodes via iTunes, have a huge impact. You can find the DVDs pretty much anywhere where kids DVDs are sold, but again, here’s a link to Amazon. Just search for “Young Justice” on the iTunes store and buy a season pass, or, if you want to give the series more money, buy each episode individually. If you can only afford one or two episodes, great. If you can afford both seasons, great. Every little bit helps. The OST is beautiful and has tons of content on it, and is only $16, so please buy it, here!
I know you’ve read posts like this over and over again, but now is the time to act, with Legacy coming out this week. If we’re ever going to really push WB to bring our show back, this is the time to do it. So let’s #SaveOurHeroes!!!
This is the power of your spending dollar vs signing a petition. The Powers That Be (TM) don’t need to be convinced Young Justice has fans. They need to be convinced that there is more money to be made from the property. The Nerdy Show got details from Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman about how that can be done.
Now, does this mean that you need to sell your possessions and go to loan sharks to raise money to buy Young Justice stuff? No. But you could do what I’m doing this year and giving Young Justice (the DVDs, the Trade Paperbacks, the Video Game) for Christmas* this year. It’s a double-win: You generate sales for the Young Justice property and grow the fandom!
* Or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or Flying Spaghetti Monster Day.
Volumes 1-3 of the trade paperbacks collecting the Young Justice companion comic are available now, and Volume 4 is due out Dec 17, 2013.
Young Justice: Legacy will be released in North America on Nov 19, 2013.
Both seasons of Young Justice are available on DVD.
Please support your local retailers. If they don’t have your Young Justice item in stock, ask if they can order it for you. If all else fails, you can always get the products from online retailers such as Amazon.com.